Protein Skimmer

frogger

Just starting a reef tank. Getting ready to buy a skimmer. Budget can't afford the Berlin. Looking for one around $75. Anyone used a Prizm? Pro's / Con's?? Any other good suggestions for my price range? This is my first post. I appreciate all of your help. Thanks

bobber

I use the prism and I love it. What size tank are you running? The prism is rated for up to 90gal but I believe smaller tanks benefit most by the prism. I would also do a search on this board for a ton of prism information. This will probably help you in your decision making as well as help set it up if you decide to get the prism. Good luck and happy reefing!--Bob

fshhub

welcome aboard, and the prizm is a good lower end skimmer for smaller tanks, and even though it is rated for 90 gallons, i would not use one on anything over 50, so again,
what size tank?

I have a Sea Clone
Got it with a 29 gallon tank that i rescently purchased from a guy who was getting out of reef keeping. I transfered all his Rock, Corals, Fish, and his protein Skimmer to my 55 gal tank. It works really great but i have no idea it costed him. The entire setup only cost me a hundred bucks, but then again, the rock alone was worth close to 200 so i got a steal.

nosmada

i also run a seaclone. it has always worked for me. they run around 69.00. one thing i noticed is if i keep the collection cup clean inside and out it seems to work much better. i try and clean it every other day. also keeping the foam prefilter on the ventury is a must in my case. it gets clogged up and dosent preform as well. i clean that every other week or so.
hth,
chris