protein skimmer

iidylii

hey everyone...im just curious about the skimmer I have, I bought it on craigslist and am assuming it is homemade so I have no manufacturer specs...my skimmer dimensions are as follows...the actual cylinder full of water and bubbles is 28" tall with a diameter of 12" across that is not including the cup...which comes out to about 14 gallons of water volume...it has 2 ocean runner 3500's on it which say 900 gph...so is it simply 1800 gph or does the water chamber also need to be considered...

I was also reading around online about ppl saying you can have a skimmer with to many gph for your particular system? I always thought the more water flow in your tanks the better...anyways my system is about 180 gallons of water including my sump...

let me know if I have left any info out that you may need I don't have a pic of it out of my sump or at least I can't find one at the moment

IMG_1872.JPG

iidylii

bigger is just fine correct?...like I said I was reading some stuff saying to much skimmer is not always better...I was just curious...I only got such a big one cuz I found it for $100 lol