Protein Skimmer

batty

I was wondering if I really need a protein skimmer .. I got a 46 gal tank.. about 40lbs of LR and 50 lbs of LS. How do I know if I need and and should I get one to help out in the cleaning process? Let me know please....:confused:

kevin j

I would say yes you need one a skimmer is better then a power filter. It will pull lots of junk out and keep the oil slick off the top of your water. And remember what you pay for is what you get!
Hope this helps.:)

T

thomas712

The bigger the tank the more forgiving. On one the size of yours I would deffinatly use a skimmer, its just something that I do not believe you will regret, unless you get a bad skimmer.
Thomas

ilovetangs

i've been told by my friend to buy a skilter filter it's got all the types of filtration and it's got every thing including the pump carbon filter and all the other types of filtration media so your answer is yes buy one and for 35.99 there a great deal and u can't lose

steven's un

IS MY PROTEIN SKIMMER ANY GOOD? SEALIFE SYSTEMS MOTORIZED 75 SKIMMER.................please tell me(even if it hurts)

ilovetangs

does it have an airstone and if does it's a piece of junk and go out and buy a skilter filter and u need an air pump or any thing just put it in and watch it work

pmauro

I don't have the sea life motorized , I have the impact, I not sure what the difference is but mine works great.