Protein Skimmer

duke

I just added a protein skimmer seaclone 100 to be exact
there is no foam that spill over is this correct, Bubbles just go up and stop at a certain point.
Also I have Zebra Goby, 2 fire gobies, snowflake moray, pearlscale butterfly, purple tang, purple psuedo, 2 damsels am I able to start to put polyps and corals into the tank, I do have proper lighting now??????:)

mchandler

I got a seaclone 150...when i first put mine in the same thing happened, but maybe that was just because it was at the beginning of the cycle. what do your stats (trites,trates,ammonia)looks like? obviously with those fish, you've had the tank set up for a while?

duke

I've had the Tank set up for about 9 months, I just added majority of the fish, the eel, purple tang and zebra goby were there before. I plan on intoducing the coral in about two months. In the protein skimmer are the bubbles supposed to overflow, mine don't?

mchandler

yeah, when i first put mine up, i was waiting for this great foaming action and instant cleaning...it didn't happen - no foam overflow. it took about a week or two then one day..BOOM it just filled up like crazy...this was about the same time i started noticing diatoms growing in the tank. That was about 2 months ago...now it has leveled off and fills maybe once every week or so. That's just my experience.

mchandler

Oh one more thing...play with that air intake valve a bit..at first i had it wide open then almost closed....you sort of have to fine tune it. by the way...is yours noisy at all?

duke

It's a little loud sounds like a a bunch of bubbles vibrating.
So basicly your foam does overflow.