protein skimmer?

bzolnowski

i have a 75 gal tank which has been set up for a little over two months. i have cycled the tank and added the protein skimmer today in the sump. i have noticed that the return water pump is shooting in small bubbles back into the tank since the protein skimmer and the return pump are very close to one another in the sump. should i be concerned? will these bubbles slow down once it starts doing its job? thanks, brian.

bzolnowski

how long is that usually just so i can monitor it? the bubbles wont do anything to the fish right? thanks, brian.

ajroc31

the bubbles are bad, for fish and inverts, but there is nothing that you can do about.
Usually protein skimmers need a break in period before they perform at their best

If its a hang on/sump model, hang it on the back of the tank. The bubble will stick to the water surface, and will not effect the deeper water. In about 3-14 days the bubbles will disappear.

bzolnowski

its installed in the sump. the bubbles are getting pushed back into the tank on the top 12/15 inches or so. its a hexagon tank so its deep, i appreciate the insight. i hope they subside quick. brian.