Protein Skimmers

badboy1

What are the names of some good protein skimmers that are not too expensive, but will still work well on a 55 gallon tank?

saltfan

Originally Posted by AngryCrab
I dont think you can beat coralife for the money
I second that one.

hihikeke

Coralife Needle Wheel Skimmer looks good with a good price also, I should get rid of the JEBO PS.
Is it only for hang-on? or can I put it in the sump?
Which one should I get? The 65 gallon or 125 gallon? I have a 30 gallon tank now.
Thanks!

saltfan

Originally Posted by hihikeke
Coralife Needle Wheel Skimmer looks good with a good price also, I should get rid of the JEBO PS.
Is it only for hang-on? or can I put it in the sump?
Which one should I get? The 65 gallon or 125 gallon? I have a 30 gallon tank now.
Thanks!
65 for a 125, unless you plan on upgrading anytime then the bigger. You can use it in sump or hang on.

T

tampausmc

If your using a sump....don't bother reading this.....haha
keep size in mind....i have a 28 gallon bowfront and i bought the coralife super skimmer 65 for use as a hang on.....this thing is BIG on my tank....haha.....then i compared a 65 to a 125 in the store today and there's a big difference in size between them.....the 125 probably would be huge on a 30 as a hang on.....that's just if you're planning on hang on use.....if you're using it in a sump.....don't pay any attention to me....

jonny bolt

Coralife Super Skimmer has to be the best for the money. It doesnt work good, its works GREAT , and for $100 it CANT be beat.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Jonny Bolt
Coralife Super Skimmer has to be the best for the money. It doesnt work good, its works GREAT , and for $100 it CANT be beat.

Agreed