protein skimmers

matt b

Originally Posted by fallout
http:///forum/post/2518378
need one for a 65gallon tank with a 10gallon sump. What are some good models?
10gal sump? thats pretty small how mcuh room do you have? have you thought about a HOB?
I have heard good things about the asm mini but I have never had a in sump skimmer

snakeblitz33

I'de go with the largest sump possible.. try a 20 gallon long or a 33 gallon long...
Can't go wrong with more water volume.

snakeblitz33

as to your question, lol, a coralife super skimmer 65 would work well with your system. Just make sure that the pump and output will work for your application.

sciknen

did u want in the sump or external?
thats kind a big deal
get an octopus
they are great i hear
made very good too
acrilic
dont go cheap cuz ur gonna get something worth that lil money

natclanwy

With a 10g sump I would definetly look at external models since you don't have much room in the sump. If you try an internal skimmer there won't be any room left to hold enough water to do you any good. I also recomend getting a larger sump.

You can't go wrong with an AquaC Remora or Remora Pro protien skimmer. They're quiet and efficient, but a little pricey.

triggerz92

Originally Posted by Seagoblin333
http:///forum/post/2518743
You can't go wrong with an AquaC Remora or Remora Pro protien skimmer. They're quiet and efficient, but a little pricey.
In this hobby you really get what you pay for, also I think the remora because I dont think that you have really enough room in that sump.

natclanwy

Since we are talking about AquaC you could go with a EV-120 mounted externally if you have the room under your stand I love my EV-180 so far and I have it mounted externally also.

mrmaroon

Look at Euroreef. They are $, but awesome. Mine sits in my smallish sump under my 55g tank. A little cramped, but has worked fine for me for years. But I would put in the biggest sump you can. If you can run a fuge & skimmer you should have great water quality.

zoogrl03

I recently went into a local, very-well respected aquatics store to purchase a protein skimmer for my 72 gal. bow tank. I want to get other advise just to check because more than one person in the store told me not to get one because they are just a hassle. My tank really doesn't have a bad protein problem it just sometimes gets a little thin layer of slime so it is a personal thing that grosses me out! The people at the shop advised me that they had one of the same size and also a 210 gal that have been set up for over 2 years and have never had a protein skimmer. They said as long as water changes are kept up than i should be fine. Does this sound right to you??? The help would be appreciated as i am still learning about the hobby. I have had my tank set up for about 3 months now and taking it slow! Thanks
Lindsay