protein skimmers

litlfishy

Hey all, thanks for the help so far!!! I am commited to being sucussful with this saltwater stuff. I really appreciate all the replies. In your opinions what protein skimmers would you recommend to use. I would rather buy a good one at first, instead of what the lfs has in stock at the moment. Thanks again!

litlfishy

Sorry, I guess that would help. I'm looking for a hang on skimmer, or a sump skimmer that can be converted to a hang on for a year or so (if its not unsightly or to problematic). Right now I plan on having a 55 gallon FO tank, but the future may be different. But we'll see!! Tanks for the help. (Mis-spelling intended)

jester

For your applicaion needs, & since your starting out , I would recomend a seaclone 150. If it's a little to high for "esthetics" (sp?), get the 100. I've got a 100 on my 40 and works like a champ. I would'nt put it anything bigger than a 55 though. But performance per dollar ratio is really good. Don't get me wrong, the is better out there, but it does come with a higher price and most are in sump only.
You can get a seaclone for about 70 online.