protien skimmer for a 12 gallon nano cube

nanocuber7

i would like to get a protien skimmer for my nano cube but i dont really want anything hanging off the back. if it could sit in one of the compartments in the nano cube that would be great. :)

rbaby

None available unless you make a pico skimmer with an airstone...works too, just not as well. I had a nano cube and I searched too...didn't get lucky in finding anything.

nanocuber7

how would you make a pico skimmer? and ive heard of somthing called a skimmer mod made by bob whats this about?

T

tuningvis

bumping a thread to the top of the forum that has not seen much action
same as
T(to)T(the)T(top)

nanocuber7

i was wondering if anyone could explain this design better for me its supposed to work for up to 30 gallons. and if you could tell me what materials i need to buy

laddy

I believe that may only be the top portion of the skimmer. Is this an insump design or HOB?

T

tuningvis

c'mon .... ducttape?
if you have to use duct tape on anything near your tank i would consider dropping out of the hobby.
why do you need a skimmer so badly?

nanocuber7

sorry about the ducttape i just had to know i wasn't really gonne use it
and about the skimmer i know that it can help a whole lot and if i can build it myself it will be cheaper. i was just thinking randomly on the ductape. i just dont wanna mess up and have my tank crash so i figure the protein skimmer would be a great precaution. and im already building the skimmer. i don't think ill drop out of this hobbing anytime sone cause im already addicted.

T

tuningvis

i understand that ... there is always a better way to bond things besides tape
understanding your needs for its application would help if you wanted to know other means for your application.
i'm thinking that a nanocube is a self contained eco-system and dont think that anything that you do within reason would require the use of a skimmer.