protien skimmer

fish3

with a protien skimmer(hang on) do i need to buy any thing else for it besides the skimmer it self i was thinking of the sea clone 100 for my 55 gal would this be a good choice

nycbob

i hv heard bad thing w that skimmer. i am curently using the prizm. but from what i hv heard, remora is the best.

nietzsche

dont go with a seaclone. thats the mistake everyone new to the hobby or people getting their first skimmer do. save your money up, maybe like another 100 or more and youll have a better quality skimmer that's more reliable

florida joe

Make sure your skimmer comes with a designated pump they all don’t come included also if you are tight for space remember the dimensions you get are just for the base of the shimmer body not including the pump

nycbob

no media. i use it as a skimmer only. i know there is an option to run carbon, but i run carbon thr my fuge.

scrapman

I have a Prizm on my 90 gal..... works perfect....
How is the Remora better? Is it smaller and less visually obstrusive??

srfisher17

Aqua-C Remora is, by far, the best, easiest to use, & easiest to clean HOT skimmer I've ever used. If you get this brand, I'd also get the surface-skimmer, pump hiding box that is optional. A lot of $ for a plastic box; but skimmers in general have to be the most expensive acrylic on the planet.

snakeblitz33

Yeah, definately stay away from the Seaclone 100's or 150's. Waste of money.
I've used coralife super skimmers, they're alright. Prism skimmers are good, Remoras are good, CPR Bak Pak's are good. It just depends on your preferences.
Have fun!

wfd1008

ok, i have to come to the defense of the seaclone. i have two of them, a 150 and 100, and never had a problem with either. for the price, they work pretty good, BUT if i need a new one, i will spend the extra $$$$ for a good upgrade.

clekchau

all skimmers are different, some are fed by a pump, some by an overflow some by both
avoid the sea clone they are crap, i would get an octopus needlewheel if i were you or at the very least an asm

dinks

Sorry if this is thread high jacking, but the answer might help both of us ;)
I am getting a new skimmer.
I am interested in buying an Aqua C 2002 EV. Is it difficult to plumb? I have never plumbed anything..lol
During the plumbing is all of the tanks exit water plumb into the skimmer?
I know stupid question, but I want info before purchase. I have only used an aqua c HOT and a seaclone in sump. So, I am trying to declutter.
Thanks in advance.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by dinks
Sorry if this is thread high jacking, but the answer might help both of us ;)
I am getting a new skimmer.
I am interested in buying an Aqua C 2002 EV. Is it difficult to plumb? I have never plumbed anything..lol
During the plumbing is all of the tanks exit water plumb into the skimmer?
I know stupid question, but I want info before purchase. I have only used an aqua c HOT and a seaclone in sump. So, I am trying to declutter.
Thanks in advance.
I'll bet you can get a lot more help with this on the equipment section of this forum.