protien skimmers??

dacia

Are protien skimmers all that?
They remove dissolved organic wastes that get past the best filters. They are a must for any reef setup and are very beneficial to fish only tanks and even FW tanks.
Do you have a sump? I would go with a Euroreef if you have a sump. In sump skimmers are more efficient than HOB skimmers, but the CPR Bak Pak 2 and AquaC Remora are the best HOB skimmers IMHO.

dacia

Also, you can get some great deals on skimmers on ----. I got my Bak Pak for under $100!

dugan

You will never regret the $$$ you spend on a decent skimmer, IMO. My tank never thrived until I picked one up. You'll be amazed at how much gunk the skimmer will pick up that you didn't even know was in there.
I have a CPR Bak Pak hang-on type that I used on my 58 and now use on my 35 and I like it just fine. Don't waste your money on those Skilter things or the other cheap one... Cyclone I think?
Katie

armageddon

If you can try to avoid the cheaper ones like like prizm and seaclone. My seaclone is not bad for what i paid for it but if you can afford a quality skimmer do it. I'm constantly adjusting my seaclone and cursing at night because of how loud it is.

justchillin

if its for a 75 and your going with a hob skimmer then i would say go for the aqua c remora pro, which is what i have on my 75...the regular is a little small....

rapt0r32

Seaclone says up to 100 gallon... I would say good up to about 60.. I run one on my 55 and I am collecting junk. I dont hear mine to much but then again I have 2 kids running around, tv loud enough to wake the dead, and a GF screamin in my other ear ( and that is on a slow day ) Anything bigger than a 60 get the most you can on what you can afford.
Like Dacia had asked depends of you are going Hang on Back or in Sump.
Prism and BAK PAK is a nice choice.
:happy:

dave flood

If you want to spend some $ aerofoamer or euroreef is the way to go. personally I have 2 seaclone 150s on my 125 tank people say there junk but mine work just fine