Pseudochromis Sick??

bluegirl

Ok, I've done my homework on ich and such. My psedochromis seems to have a growth behind his right side fin. It's kind of a peach color and looks a little lumpy, he still uses the fin but cannot lay it flat against his body. He has no spots on him, nor do any of my other fish. Everything else in the tank is fine. He's eating well, and swimming fine. What could this be? Other tank inhabitants are a ocellaris clown, a feather duster, a skunk cleaner shrimp, and hermits & snails. I just noticed this growth tonight, I'm wondering if this could be an injury or a tumor? Any info would be appreciated. I don't have a suitable camera to do a pic with, sorry. :help:
9 gal bowfront
SG 1.026
Ammonia-0
Nitrites-0
Nitrates-0
Ph-8.4

tower con

In my openion, it sounds like a growth of some kind. Some fish come from breeding farms where the gene pool gets very shallow and some abnormalites will present themselves.
It's wise to ask your pet store where they get their fish from. But, sometimes even a bad fish will sneak into the best of tanks.
Best advise I can offer is to observe the fish and remove it when or if it appears to be dying.
Best of luck to you and your fish.