ptrety cool!

J

jdragunas

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
??Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!?? if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

jerth6932

Now you know how a 9th grade love couple feel!!!

I go back and read notes from when I was young and see millions of errors like that, but I never remember havening a problem reading it!!!!!

J

jdragunas

lol! It was pretty cool that i could just read it with no problem at all!

crimzy

Originally Posted by Jerth6932
Now you know how a 9th grade love couple feel!!!

I go back and read notes from when I was young and see millions of errors like that, but I never remember havening a problem reading it!!!!!
You still have 9th grade love notes. :scared: That's cool... if you're a 10th grader.

J

jdragunas

lol... i still have love notes from 4 years ago (joe used to write me poems... it was sooo sweet, and he said he'd never stop... i got 1 a month for the first 10 months and haven't gotten one since...
)

jerth6932

Originally Posted by crimzy
You still have 9th grade love notes. :scared: That's cool... if you're a 10th grader.

Well some things are sentamental.....

ruaround

A th ugh yo c n re d t e m xed up l t ers it is a mo t imp s b e f r yo to f ll in t e mi s ng le t ers...

J

jdragunas

although you can read mixed up letters it is almost impossible for you to fill in the missing letters...

ruaround

Originally Posted by jdragunas
although you can read mixed up letters it is almost impossible for you to fill in the missing letters...
heh heh... how long did it take though??? you never cease to amaze...

J

jdragunas

not very long... i'm a speed reader, so i normally only pick up a few letters per word anyway. however, i'm horrible at wheel of fortune... kinda weird, huh?

ruaround

not very long... i'm a speed reader, so i normally only pick up a few letters per word anyway. however, i'm horrible at wheel of fortune... kinda weird, huh?
I am pretty good at W O F... but I cant stand the game show... pat and vanna need to go away...

maeistero

fun stuff. i could read right through the mixed up and the missing also. i taught myself speed reading about 20 years ago and it's awesome on novels. it really didn't help me in high school and college though, because i missed a lot of information. it's an interesting thing to try to explain to people who don't do it. i learned it by graphing sentences and eliminating unnecessary words and phrases. it's also a pain though when someone's reading over your shoulder and you have to wait on them.

J

jdragunas

i know what you mean... so many times i had to read over college books and whatnot because there was info i was missing.
Most people have to read each word in a sentence to understand it. I taught myself to just be able to look at the important parts of a sentence by glancing through it to understand what it says. My teachers in literature classes would always give me a hard time during those in-class reading assignments because i would finish in 1/2 the time than others... they always thought i was just slacking off... lol

R

rei511

also the brain doesn't pick up the o f combination. i got an email like that and you had to read it and count the f's in it(or something like that)...weird huh?

ruaround

Originally Posted by rei511
also the brain doesn't pick up the o f combination. i got an email like that and you had to read it and count the f's in it(or something like that)...weird huh?
I have seen that... its something like... count the number of F's in this sentence. now count the number of words in the prior sentence. now add all of the Fs in all 3 sentences with the number of words in the first sentence... what is the answer???

ruaround

uhhhh. are you sober right now?
Me??? yeah why??? but, I posted that last night...