puffer and eel

sanchoy

I currently have a russell lion and dragon wrasse with a snowflake eel. I am thinking about adding a stars and stripes puffer, however I do not want my blind eel attacking the puffer causing it to balloon.
Will this pose a problem? What is the chances of the puffer blowing up and killing everything with it's toxin? This will be my first puffer, thanks for the help guys. Can the toxin really kill everything in the tank?

R

rcreations

A bigger problem would be the lion and puffer, especially with a stars and stripes which will bite anything and everything they see.

ironeagle2006

I have a Dog Faced Puffer in with my 24 inch SFE and they never have an issue with each other. The biggest issue I have is with the EEL. If you are black and white you have a life expectancy of a few minutes in this tank.

salt210

even tho you decided otherwise. I had a stars and stripes in with my volitan and after over a year the puffer decided to taste the lions fin and that was it

dragonzim

Also, S&S puffers get HUGE! Unless you've got something bigger than the 75 listed in your profile you can't keep one long term