Puffer in a 55g?

steveoutla

Can I put a porky puffer in my 55g? I have a Nemo tank with a sebae clown, coral beauty angel, yellow tang, blue hippo tang and royal gramma basslet.

cgpuffers

Dude, Your Tank Is WAY Overstocked, I'd Advise you To Take The Fish, Or At Least The Tangs Back And Do Some Research On Saltwater Aquariums Before You Get Anymore Fish.

liontamer

Yea man, the nemo will only work with a 100 gallon + tank. Invest in a larger tank, or bring the larger fish bak. Sorry bout that, but the reality is, its unhealthy for the fish, and the movie was kinda a ..."cartoon". Notice how the sharks were trying not to hae a "no fish convention", and the hippo tang knew how to speak whale? Then the whale actually gave me a ride. WOW! just pulling yer leg, but yea, u need to make some chnages in order to be successful steve.

steveoutla

Ok, maybe I deserved that! I listened to the guy at a specialty shop here (a fish only store) and he said that I could put the yellow, blue hippo and clown fish in the same tank. He also said that with the Coral Beauty and basslet the tank would be crowded but doable. I've still got my 29gallon tank......if I put the coral beauty and the basslet in that tank and had the 2 tangs and 2 percula clowns in the 55g would that work?

greatfullreefer

You may be able to get away with the Yellow but the blue is an open water swimmer and requires a minimum of 6 feet of swimming room only a larger tank can offer. (Fish stores want your money and care little for the wellfare of the fish)

H

hewetton

Considering the size of your tank only, it is definitely possible. However, with that many fishes in the tank right now, my answer would be simple "No".