PUFFER

pufferlover

Here you go; The Arthron Puffer is a member of the order Tetradontiformes and the familt Tetraodontidae, the 4 tooth fishes. The teeth are a divided bone in its fused jaw. They like to eat finely chopped meats, but really love to crunch on inverts. A 100 gallon tank with a skimmer is best for these fish. Some of the members of this family normally found for sale would be (and they are costly compared to regular Dogs);
Midnight Arthron
Arothron Blue/White Female (very expensive)
" Dogface
" Golden (very expensive)
" Scribbled
" Starry
" Panda

mshur

thankx,pufferlover for info.
mine is yellowish color with white dots.
about 5 inc.
i have 100g with wet/dry system,and ofcause skimmer.how often should i feed them?
right now i do it once a day
i have 1-puffer
4 tangs
2 triggers
1-wresse
i feed them with frosen food only..how much cubes would u recomend?

pufferlover

MSHUR; I feed mine once a day and feed them the following in rotation.
Frozen Krill
Frozen Squid
People Shrimp (when my wife will buy it- she got mad when I used a 17 dollar bag of it before she went looking for it for her salads lol).
Tetra Min Tablets for them to chew on (they love them-actually it is a FW tablet sold at most lfs).
Cut in half Frozen Formula 1 & 2 Cubes
For more info on all this go to my profile then homepage and check out lots of Puffer stuff (sounds like you are hooked on them).

mshur

PUFFERLOVER,THQANKX FOR UR INFO
i woke up this morning and i notice some white spots on his fins..looks like ick.
what should i do?some one told me dont worry,puffer will fight ich him self.other fish are fine.he act normally and eat.
u have more exper.with puffers..what should i do?

Puffers are a really hardy fish but I would not let it go untreated as it may affect your other stock and although mine has kicked ich on his own, it is not common and why risk it.
IMO, treat asap before it gets out of control.
BTW, hows it coming with triggers and puffers being in there with the tangs? Seems your gonna be running out of room in that tank fairly soon. Only had a dog face puff and squirell in my 75 gal. and with just those two it was getting tight.
Might wanna think of picking up another tank or returning some of those fish in the future.
GL.

mshur

i soaked food in garlick this morning ,,,so will see
no,i dont really have any problems ,,fish are acting fine..

pufferlover

I have not had a Puffer yet that did not get Ick at least once. Most people do not realize that they are considered hardy but also Ick prone. Now all my Puffers have a few spots on their fins and yet they don't get any more nor loose what they have (that includes my 8 year old pair). I normally don't worry as long as I don't see spots on their bodies or around the eyes, if so, then treatment is needed. Be careful with the garlic tho I tried that once on the pair when they were sick and I overdid it which caused them to stop eating completely for almost 4 weeks. Thank goodness just when I thought I blew it they got better and became their old selves again (that was a few months ago).

mshur

thankx,for the great respond.i didnt know that puffers are ich prone,thats new for me.
this morning he still have some ,but a little less...i guess i shouldn't go so crazy about it.,i just dont wonna loose this guy,he is sooo cool.my other fish are fine no spots tho.