pump question pls help

i did a DIY sump/refuge
the problem im having is how to get the water from the sump to the pump
i have an external sequence pump
and a used 30g sump glass tank that its not drilled
what things can i use to hook them up and not have the following problem
i read on another thread that you would need to prime it (something like that if the pump is above water level)
help

thanks for the help

the reason i asked this is because i got a 3-5yr 120gal used glass tank
i read on some thread that used tanks may crack so this got me thinking
before this i was thinking on doing a Closed loop system on my DT
is it doable?
i bought a CPR overflow box to fix this dilema
i have proceded with the plans i had in mind then i stumbled upon another one. the sump and the pump water thing

how hight do i need to drill the holes on the sump so if a blackout occurs, it will be safe enough for there not to be an overflow and have a flooded room
is there some sort of way the OVFB and the pump or sump has to be set up to prevent a flooded room

sign guy

you should be able to drill a 2 inch hole but some bulk heads are different. to be safe buy the bulkhead befor you drill just to make shure you buy the right bit

sign guy

Originally Posted by antologia2007
how hight do i need to drill the holes on the sump so if a blackout occurs, it will be safe enough for there not to be an overflow and have a flooded room
is there some sort of way the OVFB and the pump or sump has to be set up to prevent a flooded room

Im confused unless your hloe is at the top of the tank your hole placement wont matter. If you set your pump on the flore out side your sump on the flore drill the hole where the inlet meets the tank