Pump questions for the experts?

emmitt2

I have a 180g aga dual overflow and am gonna put in either a 75 or 90g sump/fuge. For an in sump pump, which would you recommend for this size, the eheim 1260 or eheim 1262? Is one too small or too big?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

squidd

Well then they would both be on the small side for what the dual overflows are capable of...
Together the overflows are rated at 1200 gph so after figuring head loss your looking for a pump in the 1200 to 1600 ghp range...which either the 75 or 90 sump will easily handle...

emmitt2

Thanks Squidd! Do you have a recommendation for a in-sump pump that would be a better fit? My main concern is reliability and VERY quiet since this is very close to the bedroom.

emmitt2

Squidd,
What do you think about a asm g3 for a skimmer for this setup?
What about a MRC mr2 skimmer? Is it worth the extra money?

squidd

I like Euro reef skimmers...ASM is a decent "copy" from what i've seen and been told...

misfit

Im Running a 210 AGA w/ Dual overflows and a megaflow sump Model 4 and I started out using a mag 12 And it just wasn't enough water movement so i went up to a mag 18 and bought some loc-line and y'ed both returns into take and that has been working very well. I just every couple of days move the loc-line around to change up the current.

joncat24

i use a mag 18 on my 180. i put a ball valve in the return line cause I had to throttle it back just a hair..

G

gsxr1100

If I had to pick either Mag or Eheim, I would pick Eheim. Opps I did on my Aqua C skimmer. It came with a Mag and I dumped it. Got a Eheim, much better. The Eheims will have more pressure then mags.