Pump questions

senormatt

Hello everyone i have a question about the new aquarium i am about to setup. I am new to making a sump, but should have no problem make one.
I have a 90 gal drilled w/overflow and am wondering what size of pump i should get to pump the water back in the aquarium? the distance should be 4-5 feet.
Thanks,
Matt

king_neptune

I have a pond master 1800. for my 125DT/55sump
I payed $120 for it new. I keep it choked off via a flow valve, so I can speed up or slow down my sumps activity. I don't have anything to compare it too, but the noise isn't that bad. Its a mild hum(about 1/4 of what my microwave makes if I had to compare it to anything), and that is drowned out by the water flowing down the drain lines.
Its been running solid for 5 months now. Only gets shut off when I feed, or if the power is tripped. It came highly recommended, and I would like to pass on my recommendations.
A great internal pump.

king_neptune

I believe that answer would be anything Magnetically driven, and I believe impellers also fit that category. Not whisper quiet,nothing is, but they are reduced.
Double check me. Because I'm not a pump guy. Its just the knowledge that's off the top of my head, and I'm fairly sure its the right answer.