Pumpkin Carving

bgrae001

My family has nothing to do with Halloween. We don't like what its about and fear that if we participate that we will invite evil into our home.
We don't do scary movies either. Just throwing that out there!

Originally Posted by bgrae001
http:///forum/post/2803127
My family has nothing to do with Halloween. We don't like what its about and fear that if we participate that we will invite evil into our home.
We don't do scary movies either. Just throwing that out there!

How do you function?? Hundreds of thousands of children dressing up, huge smiles as they run house to house getting candy or watching news stories of children being molested by priests, murder, and OJ Simpson??
I'll take trick or treats anyday!!!!
I already have 8 pumpkins and am getting 3 more tomorrow. We've taken the kids to the pumpkin patch and we decorate the outside of the house all crazy. The kids love it(so do the parents). Oh yeah, cannot forget "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown."

A

alexmir

i love pumpkins. I think carving them is cute and fun, but a patch of pumpkins and different colored squashes really puts me in a "fall" mood! Its getting a little cooler in houston so i am really getting exciteda about getting done with this semester.

blazehok68

i carve a pumpkin every year. usually i just get the pumpkin from shoprite. this is the first year that i have ever picked my own pumpkin from a farm. it weighed 16 pounds. its freakin huge. i picked my wifes also. half the size. when i finally buy a house, for halloween i am going to put pumpkins every where! although the kids will probably smash them all. thats what i did when i was a kid.

peef

Dude I am 24 years old, married, and still trick or treat.........loser...NO.....free candy lover.....YESSSSSSS!!!!!!
I tell yah what though....last year I went in a costume that was designed for 5 year olds, a ninja to be exact......that got some weird looks...

spiderwoman

I've never carved a pumpkin, but you have to remember I didn't grow up in this country and this tradition. Next year we'll carve our first pumpkin when girls can participate in the fun.

jennythebugg

this was our first puking pumpkin (after sitting in the sun lol ), i saw a pic where a large one was eating a smaller one i would like to try that

jmick

Growing up we always carved our pumpkins and this year we found the perfect pumpkin and my wife decided she wanted to have the kids paint it...I'm still trying to recover, it's not the same. I think out of spite I am gonna go out tomorrow and buy another and carve it myself.

nwdyr

I am 45 and STILL love carving pumpkins
my son and I (he is 12) carved ours tonight. Well he finished his but of course mine is the super detailed one
So I am hoping to Finnish it tomorrow ,it will prob take another 3-4 hours to complete
This is the BEST time of year , love the chilly weather the smell of burning leaves , the smell of chilly cooking on a Sunday afternoon and watching football. Arguing with the family about politics and eating until you have to loosen you pants. ...... yea I guess I am a big kid...or a big geek...or BOTH!
Whatever it is I love it all

teresaq

We love to carve, but havent the last few yrs, they just dont last in the florida sun. Cant wait until we move to tenn so we can carve and have them stay nice.
T

peef

I second that about them not lasting in the florida sun......two days max before they start to melt.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by peef
http:///forum/post/2804490
I second that about them not lasting in the florida sun......two days max before they start to melt.
Yep, its why we gotta wait until a few days before Halloween and find the best one we can. Most people do the same so we dont totally fail at getting a nice one. This year my parents, me, and my sister are all getting our own to do. Itll be fun

grue

I Love Pumpkins!

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Ice Cream

Baked Pumpkin

Steamed Pumpkin with Cloves and Cinimmon

Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin Seeds

I Love Pumpkins

I would never waste food by carving a pumpkin into anything but dinner

Did I say I love pumpkins?

Hungry Grue

nw2salt08

We don't carve our pumpkins because we tanke them after Halloween is over and I cut them in half, bake them in the oven til soft, put them through the food processor and have pumpkin pulp for pies and breads. Yummy! And it tastes better than your regular canned pumpkin too!