Purchasing New Laptop: I need YOUR help!

alohami

Originally Posted by HowardJ
http:///forum/post/2820953
Is anyone familiar with Best Buy's ADH (Accidental Damage and Handling) Plan?
Yes, I am. I highly recommend it, especially if you have kids in the house. As long as you make sure you get the accidental plan (I think they have just a plain service agreement that is cheaper), it covers everything -- even if your five-year-old gets a hold of it and pops half the keys off the keyboard. The only negative to the service is they have to send it out, and it takes about 2 weeks to come back. I am on my third laptop and two of those have been replaced through the plan without a problem.
Ironically enough, the one I just got as a replacement is the Bronze one you're looking at. My first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite -- never again. It was a nightmare from day one. The second was a Sony Vaio and about 18 months in almost everything decided to go. Of the three I've had, I like my new HP the best, but I haven't had it long enough to have any problems yet. The really nice thing is since I have the the accidental plan, I don't worry about it. If anything happens, I know it will be covered. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'd be glad to answer them if I can.

howardj

Thanks AlohaMI!
See, I have the ADH Plan on my laptop. It expires this december (2 years)
But it seems, (the ONLY thing I cannot) I cannot 'accidentally' break it!
I Really want to get a complete new laptop setup.. but I do not want to pay the outrageous prices.. a kid working for minimum wage cant afford it. lol
I just need to put this ADH plan into action..

alohami

Originally Posted by HowardJ
http:///forum/post/2822926
Thanks AlohaMI!
See, I have the ADH Plan on my laptop. It expires this december (2 years)
But it seems, (the ONLY thing I cannot) I cannot 'accidentally' break it!
I Really want to get a complete new laptop setup.. but I do not want to pay the outrageous prices.. a kid working for minimum wage cant afford it. lol
I just need to put this ADH plan into action..
LOL That's always how it works -- whenever you WANT something to break, it will live forever! Send it to me, I'm sure my 5-year-old could take care of it for you!