purple LTA need help

integral9

I just got a purple LTA from the LFS and it wants to hide, flower-in pointed in, in a crack. How do you get it to stay near the front? Also, it doesn't seem to want to plant it's foot in the sand. Even if I dig a little hole near a rock and put the foot in it. It likes to lay on it's side, even after I prop it up. Is this normal durring the first few days / week? I've tried feeding it and it took the food. It contracts and expands with the lights; seems pretty normal to me. It doesn't seem to be damaged or hurt in any way. LFS, had it under VHO flourecents, I have it under 220w T-5, including actinic.
Also my blood red cleaner seems very interested in the LTA. I catch it now and then pulling waste from LTA / nibbling at it's tentacles and when the LTA lays on its side, the shrimp will clean / nibble at the base and shaft. Is this normal? The shrimp doesn't seem to be hurting the LTA, but do cleaner shrimp clean anemones too? Don't they get stung? It freeks me out, I almost pulled the shrimp out and put it in the fuge, but it stops when I flick at it and it's really hard to catch.

Seems prety normal to me.
Do you have some more info: water parameters, how long has your system been up.
In general, most anemones will travel around till they find "their" spot. Let him find his own spot.
When my shrimp messed with my anemone, it was because they were hungry or the anemone was dying.

onyxclown

it does sound normal my lta was da same (no longer have it bc heater messed up) and when i first got it did the same as urs. as for the shrimp ive seen them in carpets but never a lta if theyre not gettin eatin they should be fine with it.

integral9

Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry, I've been busy the last couple of days getting my education straitened out and couldn't check back in. Stupid finance office.
The water chemistry is / was perfect.
0 Nitratres
0 Nitrites
0 Amo
79 F (heater is set to 75 but never comes on. Skimmer, PH and Mag-5 must be doing all the heating. )
Looking for an Iodine test. Any recs?
The LTA seems to have found "its spot", front and center left, but it still hasn't burried it's foot. It's a great spot. It seems to be doing better, although, last night it threw-up it's stomoch for about an hour or two and then retracted. That was cool looking. Freeked me and the wife out though. It's tentacals are long and full looking, neither shrunk or limp. My wife thinks it's turning brown, but I can't tell, I thought it was turning pink (I'm color deficient). I thought that 220w of T-5 would be enough. I don't have a MH fixture for it. Currentyl the Actinics are on 12 hours and the Sun Lamps are on 8 hours. Should I increase the sun lamps to 12 hours as well?
I'll post a pic of the tank as soon as I can find the battery charger for my camera. (do'h!)