purple Nudibranch

sisu2u

Hi!!! Just found this message board and must say not much has been accomplished around here (home) but I have learned soooooo much!! All of a sudden I feel like a complete novice!!
I have searched all over here tho and have not found what to feed my new purple nudibranch. All I see is that they eat sponges. Anyone know what kind? Are they something available to buy? She has been so happy since she arrived 2 days ago that I really want to see here last at least a few months. She has even laid eggs already!!
:happy:

capt.lunch

Thier No.1 food is Flatworms. Just about the only thing. My son got some live rock that had alot of Flatworms hitchhike in. So we got Nudi's. Once they ate them all, they starved and expired.

sisu2u

Thanks, but it's too late now. She became the victim of the powerhead!!
Oh well she was really cute for the few days we had her.
Tara

k8eydid

Sorry to hear about your purple nudi. I too had one for about 3 days. It seemed happy and healthy upon arrival but it didn't last. We went back to the LFS that we bought it from recently and they had another in the tank for sale. We asked what the secret to keeping them alive was and even he didn't know!?!?!?
Live and learn my friends:confused:

greatfullreefer

Originally posted by sisu2u
Thanks, but it's too late now. She became the victim of the powerhead!!
Oh well she was really cute for the few days we had her.
Tara

I suggest you monitor your tank closely and do a few large water changes as nudis release deadly toxins when they die which can wipe out a tank rapidly.

greatfullreefer

Originally posted by Capt.Lunch
Thier No.1 food is Flatworms.

I believe you are reffering to a blue velvet nudibranch, not to be confused with a purple which only eat sponges.:)