purple tank

rusty2racer

anyone have any ideas for introducing a purple tank into a reef tank. What can i do to keep him happy and looking purple without white spots.
When i bought him the lfs said to fresh water dip him for 5 min's so i did. i guess my question is will he get stressed out when he is first introduced into the tank, because he has already started to get a couple of little white dots on him, and if so will they go away. He is my first tang. and i want to try and do it right.
thanks for help

ren

You need to quarentine it before ya add it. Always quarentine - I learned the hard way. I would suggest that you head over to the disease board and start researching ick and treatments. My purple tang is still in the hospital tank for ick. It almost died but seems to be ok now. Terry B or Beth at the disease board can help ya better. Good luck

fshhub

i hopr you are quarentining first, this would be much better than a fw dip, and yes a fw dip is stressful, and tangs are very succeptible to ick to start with, and it sounds very well as you may have some now, if you have a quarentine tank, get him ther asap, and start hypo it is much better than a fw dip, you should really be using a q tank anyway, thy will save you lots, because if you were to introduce a diseased fish or one with ick, you could loose everything, and if you got inverts, you do not want to use any meds, to ssave them, because you could risk them too