PURPLE TIP CONDI ?

frogger

have had it for about 8 months now. For the last week, he has been shriveled up about the size of one of those rubber bouncey balls. He still moves very slightly every so often. He was attached to the glass the other day. Is he dead? what do anenomes do when they die? I thought the just withered away. Anyways the other two are doing great. All water parameters are good. Lots of LR.
Tanks for the input

nm reef

I've got a condy thats been in my fish only for close to 18 months....from time to time it will close up tight like yours has. It always comes back....I believe its their way of expelling waste. You'll know when they die.....they show signs of slime/mucus and if ya can get to them to smell 'em you'll definitely know when its dieing! :cool:

cap'n pete

Ya, they will occasionally shrink and then reinflate. Nobody really knows why. If it is still attached to something and doesn't stink to high heaven, then it's still alive. Just leave it alone. A moving anenome is a sign that's it's not happy. It could be searching for more light or more current. Re-evaluate everything and make sure you good to go. Also test the water and make sure somethings not off. HTH

wrassecal

My condy used to expand to the size of a salad plate and deflate to the size of a bubble gum wad. It did not stay this way for a whole week though so I would watch it. Over the 4th of July weekend mine totally disapeared never to be seen again and there was no foul smell, no trace of it under rock, powerheads, filter anywhere and no spikes of any kind. I would keep a close watch on it if I were you.