Purple tipped anemone

abudzo

so we just got the Anemone 2 days ago it wasn't the one we were going to get but the LFS didn't have the one we wanted but we found this one and it was hosting a clown fish when we were there so we have 2 Juvenile False Percula Clownfish. that we were hoping it would host but the Anemone keeps Deflating a group of tentacles then they re-inflate and another group deflates here are 2 pictures of what i am talking about we cant find any info on what its doing so we are just looking for info on it and if its bad what we should do to fix it. The second picture was the first one we took and then 20 minutes later it was like the second picture in the center off to the right. any thoughts would be appreciated.

abudzo

yes it was and its fine now its just weird how it was acting its fully inflated and spread out.

surfandshine77

I'm not exactly sure why it's doing that but I do know your anemone needs more light ! The reason it's that white is because it's not getting the amount light it needs and that could be affecting the way it's acting . I would try getting a higher powered light and that may solve your problem.

tthemadd1

Have you fed it? If it takes good and inflates you should be fine. Give it time to acclimate to your tank before changing the lighting.
Just for our knowledge how long has your tank been running?
What type of lights do you have?
Anemones need strong lighting.