purple tube anemone any good advice?

newsalter

i just picked up a purple tube anemone any good advice about them? Should i just let him do his thing and bury his body himself?
thanks

perfectdark

Originally Posted by newsalter
http:///forum/post/2807878
i just picked up a purple tube anemone any good advice about them? Should i just let him do his thing and bury his body himself?
thanks
First thing to know is that they are not true anemones they are cerianthids not Actiniaria. They are non photosynthetic and they are nocturnal, but are often seen out during the day time light cycle. They like deep sand beds to route their tube in. They are filter feeders and will readily accept any types of meaty raw marine foods, and should be fed regularly. Their stings are not as potent as some may suggest they are, in fact they are among the least potent of any Cnidaria. HTH

earnit33

I've got 2 purple and 2 orange, They will move to where they feel comfortable and stay there,I have moved mine when re-arranging and I have never felt a sting! I was told they do not sting. But they do liked to eat,about anything the current blows into them,whether it's pellets,brine shrimp,mysis,silverside peices,or ever ghost shrimp.

newsalter

thanks for the responses. very helpful i was told they like to eat and get very big.. good thing my wife is going to let me get a bigger tank. yesss>>>>