purple up

lion_crazz

Neither. It can really screw with your tank's calcium levels and I would recommend just having test kits of kH and calcium and buffering both if and when needed if you are trying to get coralline algae growth.

frh674

Purple Up...
waste of time and money if you ask me.... when I first started in June I was sold this by my lfs... they sold me some ugly.. rock for like $7lb they gave me this nice little bottle.. it grew more green and black on everything than purple. I stopped using it, replaced some of the rock with some from another lfs which this rock was beautiful for 4.99lb full of coralline. I was also sold some "Sea CHem Reef Success Calk" to mix in with my top off water. this stuff works great it help quickly spread the coralline on the ugly rocks from the other store.. hope this helps...

chipmaker

Save you r money for something worth while.
Ensure yur tanks temp, lighting and cal and alk, SG and ph are where they should be and coraline will grow just fine without adding purple up. I tend to run all my tanks on the max end of ALK and CAL, my temps at 82-84, and ph 8.2-8.4 with 10K or 50/50 lights, SG of 1.026 and getting coraline has never been aproblem. If I bump my alk and cal and SG up during cycling period I can normally get coraline within a month of setting up a new tank....