Putting Stress Coat in the fish bag at your LFS

lion_crazz

How many of your local stores do this?
If one by you tried to add it to a bag before you took it from the store, would you want them to?
I am just looking to get an array of opinions, since I am beginning to notice more stores who do this regularly. I am still of the opinion that I do not want anything but water and the fish going into that bag before I get home.

mie

Only big chain stores do it around here. MY local salt stores do not do this.
They say it is to replace the slime lost by the fish during transport from stress. Who knows if it is true.

groupergenius

My favorite LFS here that is run by the "Fish Nazi" puts a little pill in that turns the water slightly blue. I don't know if it's the same stuff your talking about, but I trust this guy completely. The only fish I have lost that I bought from him was due to lack of water as they lay on the floor.

sepulatian

The store that I used to go to did, but he only carried fresh water. I asked him why he did that and he said that it was to calm them down and replace the slime lost from being netted. The store that I go to for salt, around here, does not. I wouldn't want them to. Stress coat does not calm them down and their slime coat will naturally come back anyway. Also, if too much is added it will clog their gills.