PVC tubing?

brucewrs

I want to use pvc tubing instead of the hoses.My question is I clean the filter pad on my wet dry every other day.How would one hook up the pvc tubing to the wet dry?I have a pro clear 400 with 2 inlets on the cover.I need access to the pd under the cover.Has anyone done this?Thanks

laddy

If I understand your question right, you should be able to make that connection, just use a ball valve to stop the flow of water.

acrylic51

Why bother with the valves to shut the water flow off.....Your going to have to shut the system down, and if you attempt to leave it up and running and shut the flow off you'll overflow the tank, or worse run the pump dry a bit.....Not wise either way IMO.....Just use PVC pipe and unions down near the wet/dry and shut power off to the pump and disconnect unions and pull the top off and service as normal.

bawood

Acrylic said exactly what I'd do.
Shut-offs would be bad if you were still pump water up to main tank.

brucewrs

When I shut the power off my sump fills up.Is that bad for the bacteria on the bio balls?I read some where that the bacteria would drown..Any truth to that?

acrylic51

No it won't kill the bacteria, but long extended periods of none water movement over your bioballs will......As if your tearing your tank down moving it it would be a good idea to take a powerhead and some tank water and keep water flowing over your bioballs to minimize any loss.......