Pyramidellid problems!

dek196

I have lost 4 clams over the past year to theses little bas*ards! I bought a sixline about six months ago and yet I still see them once in a while cruising the glass at night. Is there any other fish that eats them as well? My tank is a 200g and I cannot house a clam until I rid my tank of them.

T

tizzo

I had a clam die over a year ago and I think pyramid snails were to blame, since I did find them in my tank. Ever snce I clean them of of my snails every time I see them, which at first was every day. Now it's actually been about a week since I've found one but it has taken this long just to get the numbers down. So manually removing them is the only suggestion I can offer, but it will take a LONG time.
Good luck and I hope somebody can give you something concrete that I can steal.

benter

I was told a yellow coris wrasse will eat them..But mine never did..Manual removal is the only thing that has seemed to get them for me. I lost one clam about two months ago, moved my other 2 to two small rocks that I can pick up and inspect them everynight after lights out.. I was finding some every few nights or so..but have not found any in several weeks..knock on wood..maybe I finally got the little bas*ards !!!

dek196

Do you think it would be possible to trap them with some cockle? I have a friend who is giving me a 5" maxima on Monday and I want to put him in the 200 but if I can't guarantee snail free he goes in the 75!