Q for anyone who has or had a Potters

it's chuck

I got a Potters a week ago (the day before thanksgiving) and I have got him eating. I have seen him eat a good variety of food formula one and two pellets, mysis, squid, red algea sheets, and artipods. All this to inaddition to the grazing (I have a good bit of macro and sponge( he picks at both but the macro much more) and he has "cleaned" a significant amount of the detritus that had built up on the rock from me being lazy. How ever when I do fed he doesn't eat with much vigor, he just eats what ever happen to end up right in fornt of him. I know they are a grazers but is this normal? Maybe he is meeting enough of his diet that he isn't really hungry when I fed? Any expierences that can be shared with this fish would be appreaciated

snakeblitz33

Oh, I thought you were talking about Potters Disease. Wow.
Potters, isn't that the same thing as a coral beauty? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Don't feed more then he can eat. If he doesn't seem to be hungry when you feed, you might want to back off of feeding so much.
Unless he's getting really skinny or you see some color changes, then I wouldn't be too concerned.

it's chuck

No he isn't skinny and his color is better if anything. I am not woried about overfeding he is in with a bluethroat and a red corris and they consume everything I feed in about two minutes

L

lsu

I have always read that they are slow to begin feeding but adept well to captivity in the right environment- lots of LR with profuse microalgae, peaceful tank-mates.

it's chuck

It's not that hes not feeding, he is he just doesn't chase the the food if it comes to where he is he'll eat some, but he doesn't feed with vigor, like my bluethroat and red corris. I just want to know if it's normal for them to be passive feeders

snakeblitz33

If he didn't eat anything at all, I would be concerned. If he's eating, that's a good sign and just keep it up.

nycbob

its fine as long as u hv enough liverocks. my flame angel doesnt eat all that much either. he rather picks at rocks all day. potter, from what i hv read, is moderately hard to keep. the 1st 3-6 months is very important.