QT new huma huma trigger

mikester311

I just purchased a new 4.5 inch huma huma trigger. The guy are the store looked at the fish while it was in the tank like he was looking for something. I didn't think anything of it until after he cashed me out and he strongly suggested quarantining the fish with some stuff they had that was a combination on formaline (sp?) and malachite green because it could have parasites. It was dark blue looking liquid. I didn't want to take my chances with this stuff I have never heard of so I didn't get it.
The guy said he has had the fish for 3 weeks in the store and he seemed like he was trying to hide something from me because he was starting to stutter and not make eye contact with me a lot.
My question is now that I have the fish in a qt tank what can I put in there to treat it without doing hyposalinity? Copper?
Thanks,
Mike

T

thomas712

Mike just to be clear, do you have a pink tail trigger with cloudy eyes and a new 2nd huma huma trigger with a parisite problem?
Are they both QT right now or is the pink tail still in the main tank?
Thomas

mikester311

jwtrojan44,
Thanks for the advise. Unfortunately I didn't get this bad feeling until after I paid for the fish. The guy tricked me. :eek:
The colors look great and I can't see any noticeable problems or symptoms yet. I got it to eat a little, but since it's new I think it's still a little worked up.
Thomas,
You are sort of right. I do have a Pinktail that used to have cloudy eyes, but I did a larger water change and I have been feeding it garlic soaked foods and it's eyes cleared up. It's looks great now! The only other Huma huma I had was perfectly fine until it decided to jump out of the tank on me when I was cleaning it yesterday and I didn't find out until this morning. I thought it was hiding like it usually does when I clean the tank. So, that's what prompted me to get this new one. And I did used to have a Niger trigger that was always sick (maybe parasites) that I tried many times to treat and finally just ended up taking it back to the lfs.