QT'ing new stock...worried for them

dpeter51

I'm moving this out of the husbandry forum into this one since maybe there are a greater number of "polyp experts" here. That doesn't sound right.

Anyway...
Yesterday I bought a yellow clown goby, a fromia star and a sheet of green star polyps and brought them home and put them in my 10 gallon QT. I'm worried about the star and the polyps.
1. I understand that the star feeds on biofilms or micro-organisms, and although the QT has had fish in it for a few days in the past and has been running (empty, no fish) for several months, I'm not sure if there's anything for it to eat.
2. I'm worried for the polyps because I only have the cheapo incandescent lights that came with the tank and a tiny little HOB powerfilter, and they haven't come out of their "shell" since I brought them home.
So far I've had good experiences with the LFS and haven't seriously QT'd anything for the full 2 weeks, but I resolved to do so starting now. But now I'm questioning if I shouldn't go ahead and put them in my DT, if they are going to starve in the QT!

Please help?..thanks.