Quality of Products At SWF.com

bayside

i have order from this site twice and have a third order coming. i have had a hundred percent success rate with both of my orders but i have only ordered inverts and corals though. i have been thinking about ordering a fish, there just hasnt been one available that i want yet. i just find that spending around 200 a order has been working out so ill continue to do that.
thank you saltwater fish

hatessushi

I have ordered from this site about 5 times now and recommend it. Everything has come to me healthy. They could use a better photographer though.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by molly05
What's about a temp fuel charge? Another $8.99.
the 9.99 is for boxes/supplies, etc.
the 8.99 is for the fuel surcharge. all logistics companies have added this on.
overnite shipping is mad expensive, let alone a heavy, bulky box.
for the money you pay and the quality you get, swf.com beats all the others hands down.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
for the money you pay and the quality you get, swf.com beats all the others hands down.
I agree. I have always been very pleased with every order I placed here.

bill109

what happens if you miss when you shipment of live inverts/fish come and its winter?
do you get frozen fish sticks/fishsicles?
or... what happens i want to order here much more then go to a lfs but i dont want to miss the shipment sometimes im here when i get things ad some other times im not..
so ne one know what happens?
--bill109

kevin34

I have not ordered anything from this site and I dont think that I will. I have a problem with the minimum order of $79. Everyone should quarantine your fish and you should only quarantine them 1 at a time meaning buying fish only 1 at a time. If you want a fish that costs less than $80 you wont be able to get it from the site unless you buy another or maybe even several more fish (depending on the price) but then you will be risking the health of all the fish you order. So IMO I think its best just to get the fish from a LFS.

barchtruong

This is how 15days guarantee policy works.
If ur livestocks die within 15 days....
You pack it real good and ship it back to SWF.com
And you will get a free replacement THE NEXT TIME YOU ORDER.
In other words, you have to spend money on SWF.com again in order to get your free replacement.
It happened to me. SWF.com still owes me a Flame Scallop and a Sand Sifting Cucumber.

bill109

Originally Posted by barchtruong
In other words, you have to spend money on SWF.com again in order to get your free replacement.
It happened to me. SWF.com still owes me a Flame Scallop and a Sand Sifting Cucumber.
good luck

reefrobert

Just got an order tuesday and it was packed nicely.
The quality of the purple fire fish was great
the colors of the fish are amazing, plus the yellow watchman and purple firefish are small so they can grow with my system. The inverts are one gold coral banded shrimp, again with amazing color and small size. the last invert was a pistol shrimp (Randall) that was small and great color.
:happyfish

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Kevin34
I have not ordered anything from this site and I dont think that I will. I have a problem with the minimum order of $79. Everyone should quarantine your fish and you should only quarantine them 1 at a time meaning buying fish only 1 at a time. If you want a fish that costs less than $80 you wont be able to get it from the site unless you buy another or maybe even several more fish (depending on the price) but then you will be risking the health of all the fish you order. So IMO I think its best just to get the fish from a LFS.
Why do you quarantine everything one at a time?

catawaba

You can always "sell" your code to another member.... :thinking:

kevin34

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Why do you quarantine everything one at a time?
Well from what I have read if you QT 2 fish at a time and one is carrying ich it can spread it to the other fish and they will both be infected. Is it safe to QT several fish at the same time? I dont have a tank set up yet so I am still getting info.

rabid frog

My only problem with ordering stuff from here is catching them when they have anything in stock. 90% of the corals always have wish list next to them. Other than that I am sure it would be a decent company to order from.

J

jason490

Well,
Fish are outstanding, no complaints at all there. My UV Sterilizer arrived shattered, It has been a week and I still have no return email or anyway to contact them besides the email.

hot883

Originally Posted by jason490
Well,
Fish are outstanding, no complaints at all there. My UV Sterilizer arrived shattered, It has been a week and I still have no return email or anyway to contact them besides the email.
I can alert customer service and they can get ya taken care of hopefully. Barry

viper_930

I know of no site that will ship replacements for free. They can't afford to spend money on shipping just to cover their guarantee for an animal that might cost less than the actual shipping.