Quaranteen tank

Hey guys,
I just setup my 10 gallon quaranteen/acclimation tank today.
I see they need to be in there for 14 days.
I put in 20lbs of live sand, a power head, a heater, and some pvc pipe for them to hide in.
It was an 18k pc light on it and an eclipse filter.
Is it ok to order 2 tank raised clown fish and a blue pacific or hippo tang?
Does the little tank need to do any acclimation, there is no live rock, just live sand.
Thanks,
Mike

S

sebae0

you will need to cycle it before you add fish to it. its just like a main tank in the begining.

kevin j

If I were you I would take the live sand out and add it to my main tank because stuff that you are trying to get rid of can live in your sand. A q-tank should be very simple all you need is a filter heater power head and a piece of pvc thats it nothing more.
Simple thats what you want it to be. To keep your levels normal you do it with water changes. Hope this helps:D

So should I take out the live sand and put it in the big tank like the first reply recomended or should I just leave it in there.
It is about 20lbs of live sand and it has been in there for only a day.
It doesn't bother me to leave it in there but if it is better to take it out I while...
Thanks,
Mike

birdy

The reason you don't want LS in a quarantine tank is that, if you need to treat your tank for problems the treatments will more than likely kill your LS and if you use something copperbased the copper will stay in the sand, also after you have something like ich in a tank and have treated for it you want to dismantle the QT tank and disinfect it and start over. So I would recommend removing the sand.

Ok ill take it out...
Should i put anemoies in the quarantee tank and the clown to acclimate them and then put them in the tank?
Would those be two good things to start out with?
Thanks,
Mike