quarantine question

barebucta

Okay guys, so I bought a yellow tang and a blue hippo tang. Decided after much reading that it's better to quarantine them befor adding them to my tank. Now my question is, the once the levels of the 2 tanks are consistant (i.e. ph, temp, etc) do i just add them into the main tank from the quarantine tank? any suggestions?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest that you read the detailed info on QT in the FAQ Thread stickied at the top of the Disease Forum.
You are adding 2 tangs to the same tank? What size tank do you have?

unleashed

Originally Posted by barebucta
Okay guys, so I bought a yellow tang and a blue hippo tang. Decided after much reading that it's better to quarantine them befor adding them to my tank. Now my question is, the once the levels of the 2 tanks are consistant (i.e. ph, temp, etc) do i just add them into the main tank from the quarantine tank? any suggestions?
you will still need to acclimate them to the main tank water changes during the time frame in which the fish have been quarentined will have changed the tank water chemistry .you can however acclimate them inthe qt by removing water from qt then adding new water from the main tank to acclimate without adding stress to your new fish