Quarentine Fish going back to Display

spnohio

can anyone tell me the steps to reacclimate the fish back from the quarentine tank. I know i need to gradually raise the salt to the level of the display. anything else?

kingsmith

I went with gradually raising as well then the day 0f I did a DT water change then added the water I rem0ved t0 the QT (pre algea scraping and bl0wing debri 0ff the r0cks) t0 get them used t0 the specifics 0f the DT sh0uld be fine like that
0h yeah I als0 let the DT water sit in the QT f0r ab0ut 10 hrs

sepulatian

Originally Posted by spnohio
http:///forum/post/2969323
can anyone tell me the steps to reacclimate the fish back from the quarentine tank. I know i need to gradually raise the salt to the level of the display. anything else?
Bring the SG up over a week or more. Use water from the DT for changes. Do very small changes twice a day, bringing it up no more than .002 per day. Once the SG in the QT is close to the DT then move the fish into a bucket of QT water. Drip acclimate the rest of the way. That is how I do it. If your QT and DT match every test then you can just move him. Be aware that nitrate, PH, and such matter. If they are not identical then the fish has to be acclimated.