queen and a blueface

peter1215

hey anyone here have a queen and a blueface angel together with any luck? I have a 7" queen in a 210g and a juvi blueface in a qt. Im still debating wether to try this .

Originally Posted by peter1215
hey anyone here have a queen and a blueface angel together with any luck? I have a 7" queen in a 210g and a juvi blueface in a qt. Im still debating wether to try this .

most likely the queen will pick on the smaller blue face, not worth trying

ccampbell57

Hey Peter -
I am about to move my Queen to the DT in a couple of days.
Everyone is looking healthy and I think it is time. One word of caution I would have for you is making sure that you have your queen's territory "shaken up". If you add the Blueface in without displacing your Queen, she will most likely pick on him.
BUT, the Blueface is a pretty aggressive fish. If my emperor was not the original angel in the tank, I think the Blueface may have been the most dominant.
I will let you know how my experiment goes. I am more scared about the Emperor than the blueface with my queen.
In my corner, I will be adding 2 other fish (clown and blueline trigger) at the same time, so this may throw all of them off :)

srfisher17

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Hey Peter -
Everyone is looking healthy and I think it is time. One word of caution I would have for you is making sure that you have your queen's territory "shaken up". If you add the Blueface in without displacing your Queen, she will most likely pick on him.
BUT, the Blueface is a pretty aggressive fish. If my emperor was not the original angel in the tank, I think the Blueface may have been the most dominant.
I will let you know how my experiment goes. I am more scared about the Emperor than the blueface with my queen.
In my corner, I will be adding 2 other fish (clown and blueline trigger) at the same time, so this may throw all of them off :)
I agree on the "shaking up" idea; we don't hear it often enough. Simply re-arranging some rockwork claimed by a possible aggressive can make a newcomers life easier. This goes with big clownfish too. The established fish will be pre-occupied with establishing a new turf, often leaving the newcomer to adjust. I ALWAYS do this with territorial fish. This will also often work when a war develops between fish that have gotten along; just like some Humans, always wanting "more".

peter1215

Hey Peter -
thanks for the advice campbell...man i completely forgot to mention that ive had a juvi french(about 3-4) in the DT with the Queen since January and theyre doing great. I got the blueface from a friend and want to see if i cant get away with all three as it has worked witht the two so far.

ccampbell57

Nice...that is similar to my angels too. The should do fine as long as you displace the queen before putting in the blueface. Sounds like a fun venture...pictures!!!!

peter1215

I'm planning on picking up more lr this weekend and change things around then put in the blueface. I'm also putting in a really nice sargassum trigger i got from my lfs . cant wait to take pictures .

peter1215

Nice...that is similar to my angels too. The should do fine as long as you displace the queen before putting in the blueface. Sounds like a fun venture...pictures!!!!
do you have pictures of your tank?

ccampbell57

I can get some if you want...currently it is ruin since my dumb hippo tang got ich. I have just cleared all the ich and am in the process of removing it. By Sunday, the new fish will be in the tank and I will be adding the rock back in 2 weeks from Sunday.

peter1215

Originally Posted by hair-trigger
Rule of thumb: Bigger fish pick on smaller fish. it's insticnt, no matter what kind of fish it is.
well that certainly didnt apply when i put in the 3" french with the 6"queen over a year ago .. they are both doing great .