queen and fighting conchs

mvogel2

i've heard a lot of good stuff about these guys. I was wondering can they both be in the same tank? I was thinking of gettin one of each in my 125 gal. reef.
thanks
matt

overanalyzer

a lot of poepe say queens gettoo big - I don't know hte particulars. I do know I will be getting some fighting conchs for my large tank.
Noticed your sig - what subject do you teach??

fshhub

they should be fine together
1 fighting conch per 2 sq ft of sand
I forget what the rule is for queens, but do know they get to be 12 inches

bang guy

One of each is a good combination IMO. The Queen may eventually outgrow your tank but it's not too hard to find someone to take them from you once they get too big. (hint hint)

mvogel2

forgot about his older post...thanks all, i'll probably get one of each...when my queen gets too big i may looking into putting it up for adoption :)
ps. overanalyzer can teach science and Language arts grades 4-9 in ohio...still looking for a job though...looks like i'll be subing the next year till something turns up...fingers crossed :)

overanalyzer

Originally posted by mvogel2
ps. overanalyzer can teach science and Language arts grades 4-9 in ohio...still looking for a job though...looks like i'll be subing the next year till something turns up...fingers crossed :)

mvogel - I too got a degree in teaching and sat around until August 14th - then I got three job offers. So keep the faith!! Good luck - what part of Ohio?? I grew up in the Cleveland area...