Queen angel in a reef?

jc74

I've had a fish only tank for years. Now I have a couple corals and smaller fish and inverts.
I used to have a queen angel and she was great. Would getting another queen be a threat to a reef tank?
I know this site says they're not reef safe, but I'd rather hear from personal experience.

tokey

If you do a Google search you will see its a no go for a Queen trigger unless you want to sacrifice your invertebrates.
Now if you want a trigger you can have a Blue Throat ( I have one in my 150gal mixed reef ) or you can have a Sargassum trigger and a bit more of a hit and miss a Pink tail trigger

Originally Posted by Tokey
If you do a Google search you will see its a no go for a Queen trigger unless you want to sacrifice your invertebrates.
Now if you want a trigger you can have a Blue Throat ( I have one in my 150gal mixed reef ) or you can have a Sargassum trigger and a bit more of a hit and miss a Pink tail trigger
I think you missed the Angel part.....

You are going to be running a risk if you put a queen angel in a reef tank. Coral is a nature part of an angel fish diet. A lot of people put dwarf angels in their reef tanks, but that is still a coin flip....

Originally Posted by BadBoyJ
trigger? the angel will pick at your reef.....sorry...... I always wanted one myself

Yeah feel you there... Some of my favorite fish a Angel fish, and I can't even get one...