queen trigger ?

drex

anyone had any luck keeping anything with one in a tank? only asking cuz im looking to setup a really aggressive tank and i went diving in cococay this past week and saw a group of 4 of them up close " like 3 ft away from me" one of them was like 24 inches long it was HUGE. they are just such a great looking fish so i was curious. my 220 should be up and going shortly and im still on search for what i want.

U

usirchchris

I don't know anyone that has one...very big, mean fish...from what I read. I agree, just a phenominal looking fish
. If you have a huge tank I can't imagine it would be hard to take care of...don't know of any trigger that is, once you get past the juvi stage.

R

rcreations

It's been done. I posted a video of one a few weeks ago. I don't think it would last long term but on the -- forums a number of people have Queen Triggers.

drex

well i am one that likes to try new things :) haha i just dont want a reef anymore and i want a fairly aggressive tank, tesselata eel probably and a few triggers..a wrasse,maybe an angel and tang. i am really struggling to figure out what i want but i was thinking 2-3 aggressive triggers. im open to all suggestions :) its just hard to say no the the queen trigger it was the coolest thing i have ever seen "was my first time in the ocean" it was crazy. people say the clown triggers are nasty and alot of people have good luck? throw out all suggestions/ideas :) i want to get my tank going here haha but i want it all planned before i make any steps.

R

rcreations

Personally if I was gonna try it, I'd put other agressive triggers that can defend themselves. It'd be awesome to have a tank with a queen, a blue line and clown trigger. The baddest triggers around. Get all about the same size so noone starts with an advantage.

crypt keeper

forget the tessie eel. They will try and eat everything eventually. The two baddest triggers IMO are the queen and Titan. You may have some issues down the line. Personally when they hit the 10 inch

drex

i will have to find a different eel possibly. i was thinking about a queen, undulate,and clown trigger. a banana wrasse, and a clown or sohal tang. maybe an emp. angel? im not sure how anything else will do with such an aggressive trigger selection. open to all suggestions :) any on eels ? any one have pics of setups similar to what i want? or any of the fish i have mentioned?

R

rcreations

I would replace the undulated with something else. These fish are insane and not worth the trouble since they're not open swimmers. They mostly hide in their cave and only come out occasionally.

drex

yeah i have a 220 gallon. i plan to go bigger but where i have it the tank cant be any longer then 7 feet "its a set back in my basement wall" i am planning on buying every single one of my fish small, nothing large off the bat. maybe i should get a blueline instead of undulated trig i always knew they were aggressive but i didnt think it would be to bad if it was in with the other ones im lookin at. thanks for the advice so far! eels? any other suggestions? am i completely crazy/stupid for wanting to do a setup like this? lol

bessycerka

my favorite fish, as they get bigger, increase tank size. they're a lot of fun to watch. Protect wires, and glass heater though, they bite thru wires and the glass.

drex

haha alright cool. i was actually going to get out of the hobby but my friend is suddenly moving and hooking me up with his 220 for a great price. i will have everything down in the sump so no wires will be in the tank. should i put anything "less aggressive" in the tank with the queen and clown triggers? i really wanted a tesselatta eel because they are pretty nasty to. i dont want it overcrowded like crazy but enough to keep nonstop picking on specific tank mates. i just want to get my final list together so i can get things added fairly quick and not have to wonder any more. i did just get married two weeks ago, and bought my house 5 weeks ago and have alot to do around there so i dont want to spend TO much on this yet anyways haha.

crypt keeper

If you plan on upgrading i would do all triggers under 3 inches. I would get 5 of them
Queen
Clown
Assasi
Golden heart
Niger and or Blueline
They will all grow faily quickly. Then Maybe an angel or two.
Personally I would mess with an eels.

drex

what are the downs to an eel? im just curious. thanks for the heads up anyways. only other fish was a banana wrasse and clown tang i wanted i will figure it all out so its not over crowded. i dont know how soon i will upgrade. i was planning on 3 triggers actually but maybe ill go with 4 to meet in the middle.

crypt keeper

an eel would be okay. I just like them in their own tank. The bigger more aggressive eels grow fast and may cause issues like missing fish

drex

i didnt know if the tess. would be able to make the fish i was planning on putting in disappear? i was going to try and get a 10-12 inch eel and put it in after all of my fish are in so by then the fish would have grown some by that time. i will have to do more research. thanks for the heads up though. im already getting anxious.