Queen Triggers

kainrahl

Well I finally got the queen triggers I have always wanted. The bad part is I ordered what I thought would be 3-4 inch and I got 5-7 inch. They are huge. They are eating great and aggressive as ever. The problem is I have 2 and the tank the other one is supposed to go into the stand broke and I need a new one custom built so it might take a while. How long do you think they can be in a 180 together?? So far they are doing ok with only the min. ammount of aggressivness. Also if I sell one whats the best way of going about that?? I know what I paid for them and I know that they are rare, at least around here. Any info would be appreciated.

jambi0n

I'm assuming they should be fine for a couple of months. Don't sell the fish to your lfs because they will only give you so much no matter how rare the fish is. If anyone else could throw their $.02 go for it.

hatessushi

Did you get them from this site? The reason I ask is because when I ordered my Black Durgeon Trigger from here the webpage said 3 to 4 inches and it wasw more like 6 inches.

aw2x3

They will NOT be fine for a few months. You're lucky that you've gotten away with even a few days.
You can buy egg crate, at Home Depot and use that to divide the tank, down the middle. Make sure you stack plenty of rock against the divider, so it's secure.

vanos

I agree with the above past go out and buy a tank divider and put it in the middle of your tank.

sebae09

the devider will only keep them from getting to each other, they still will try as long as they can see each other so your going to have 2 very pissy triggers as long as they can see each other.

seannmelly

Good luck with them. We had one in the store, and this is THE nastiest fish I have ever seen in my life. We practically gave her away, because we couldn't put anything in the tank with her. Yea, good luck.

offshore80

I just got mine tonight also. She is about 7-8 inches and is already NASTY! Within five minutes of being in her own 180 she found the squid I had put in there and sucked it right down. Here she is.
Good luck with yours. But I would go get the divider tomorrow. It's just a matter of time before they go at it.

kainrahl

They have been in the same tank since tuesday. They are actually in there with several crabs that they have not bothered. I am worried though that they might get ich or something from the stress of being together. They actually stick pretty close to each other and aren't to aggressive yet. I am trying to get the egg carton. I will have to wait until tomarrow. I will let you know how it goes.

offshore80

When I went to Home depot to get the egg crate stuff... nobody knew what I was talking about... Then I figured it out that it was the stuff that was in the fluorescent lighting section. I doubt they will get ich. Those fish are very hardy. But as time goes on they might start to get territorial. Better be safe then sorry. Good luck.
I love the queen trigger too. My wife has been joking on me about the 3000 dollar 99 dollar fish. Since I built the system just for her. She thinks it's such a waste. She doesn't get it. Hee hee. :notsure: