Question about a Lobophyllia

coral boy

I saw a nice lobophyllia at the LFS today and was thinking about buying it. What can you guys tell me about them. Give it all to me I can handle it

i've had one for quite a while now. i must say that it sure is a trooper. it's been through so much. it was one of the first corals i bought.

nm reef

I've got one that was origionally near death....it was discarded in the display tank at a LFS I seldom do business with. I got it for $5 basically as rubble.....it has since fully recovered and more than tripled in size. Lighting is moderate and current is sort of low....mine likes a direct feeding now and then with meaty type foods(mysis/silversides/bloodworms/brine)...

scarybo

I have had one for over a year..it has more tripled in size. It is a very hardy coral. I was one of my first corals. I got it because it was an easy coral. I have kept it in high flow and moderate. Seems to grow best in moderate flow with medium light. I keep calcuim and dk levels high in my tank.

slothy

i have one, its a pig !! eats about 5-6 silversides every 4-5 days..... did sting the heck outa my octo bubble... (snail knocked it onto it overnight).. mine is 1/4 way up in the tank, with light to medium flow

yammer

I've got 2 that I've had for about 6 months and both are doing great. I feed them diced bits of shrimp once a week which they seem to enjoy. Both are about halfway up the tank with moderate light levels.