question about all-in-one aquarium systems

sjk2840

Just out of curiosity-I've been surfing the web and came across acrylic aquariums that have a built in filtration unit on the back-no drilling ,no hang on the back filters. From what I've read the tank operates with a powerhead. Does anyone have an opinion on these types of tanks?? These tanks are expensive, but are they worth it??

wangotango

Most of them are pretty good. The Biocube and Aquapod are the most popular. The new Current Solana looks pretty awsome too.
-Justin

silverdak

I just got a Bio-cube, the 14 gallon one.. I LOVE it. the lights are great the filtration is great, the only thing people say to be careful of is hot hot the lights can get and make the water hotter.... haven't had any issues so far.
I would recommend the Bio-cube, great starter tank and lights for a great price. most places are about $170-$200 unless you have an in and get it for $150 like me

sjk2840

What about the all- in-one systems for 75-90 gallon. I think one system is called a uniquarium or aquasytem?? One is a wet/dry type filtration system, I'm not sure what the other one is. I'm sure its something similar. I have a canister filter right now with a water pump- (still in the box) I'm debating the drilling the tank process versus something that already comes "put together". I'm doing my research before I set up a larger tank. I curently have a FOWLR 10 gallon tank with a HOB filter.

silverdak

mine has the wet/dry filtration I think its great and well worth the little extra you might pay for it

nycbob

i hv seen it, and they r great. just remember in a 75 gallon system, it will really be 60-65 since the other 10-15 gallons r in the back filter system. if u dont like the drilling and hose, then its a perfect setup for u. it is on the expensive side i must admit