question about aqua c remo pro

texgirl

:eek: :help: :help: Would you recommend using it on a tank thats 135 gallons. It says it can handle a 100+.

D

daniel411

If you absolutely must have a hang-on skimmer, I'd recommend it.
Their are euro-reef clones from china on ---- that can be mounted hang on style and work FANTASTIC, just something else to consider.
IMO though sump based models are generally a better way to go if you can.
Oh, welcome to the board :)

S

shelley&john

We have a remora pro on our 150 and it does a great job! We were running a Berlin Red Sea and made the switch when the pump failed. It pulls out alot of gunk and is pretty quite. Ours came with a rio 1400, which has been great, but I would have gone with a mag pump if given the choice.
Shelley

T

tizzo

Remora Pro on my 90, here!!! I love it!! (Huge skimmer box though)

texgirl

:notsure: I'm confused about what a sump is. I've read that you put the skimmer in a sump. Maybe you can send me some pictures so I have a better idea. THe aqua c has a built in sump.
Thanks,
Christy and John

texgirl

In sump goes under the tank right. I think my husband would rather have something that sits under it, But it sounds like Aqua c would be alot less complicated and easier to handle as far as cleaning and stuff goes.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Not exactly a smorgasbord of selections for Hang On Skimmers, and I'd say that RPro is at the top there.
If you want to make the RPro better, upgrade your MagDrive to a higher gph rating, keeping in mind that you still need to get a Mag that will fit the Remora's nozzle. The next higher Mag is exactly the same size as the 3, but still puts out more water.
What is a better HOT? Maybe a stand alone would be good if you could work it right off the tank rather than a sump. I'd love to have a stand alone wo a sump. Is there such a beast?