Question about aquascapeing

bnutz24

I was wondering while looking through live rock at a LFS has anyone used eggcrate to help form their aquascapeing?? the thought behind this is you can't control the shape of your LR so what about using eggcrate to help sure up some of the caves and ledges?? I mean you would hide the eggcrate so you cant see it but use it to help keep rocks in place for more subtality in key places. I am thinking about it and wonding if this would pose a problem chemically or otherwise

quads4_lif

You should be just fine. Also look into useing zipties make sure you was them off good and that they do not have the metal clip in them. I put eggcrate under all of my rocks because I have seen big rocks fall and crack glass. Not pretty.

bnutz24

that was my fear as I have a pretty intracaite aquascape in mind.
BTW thanks for the reply and advice

f14peter

I have eggcrate under my rocks, but cut to correspond with the shape of the rocks themselves, not covering the entire bottom of the tank. I feel it works well because the surface of the rock is far from even and it's often difficult to get the rock down steady in the position/attitude you like ... the eggcrate, not being flat, helps facilitate that.
I used aquarium epoxy to help stabilize some of the pieces as I added them. It probably isn't strong enough to "glue" rocks together, but is great for adding a blob to help the rock sit as you want/need.