question about attaching this pipe

dmjordan

the first 2 drain pipes fit snuggly over the hard pvc. the one in my hand will fit snuggly inside the pvc 90 degree angle. can i use pvc cement to glue these together? this line will slowly feed water from my dt to my fuge...i have a ball valve on it to regulate flow. the last pic is my return line which i split into 2 returns.

sly

I don't see any reason why you couldn't glue the two together. As long as they fit tightly together you shouldn't get any leaks. Just make sure to use some of the purple primer to clean the pipes first so that you get a good seal.
I do see one thing though... your ball valve is placed on the horizontal line running to your fuge. What I have found is that most of the water will flow down the drain, down the tee and straight to your sump. You will get VERY little water splashing out the side of the tee toward your fuge. You may be better off to add a second ball valve after the tee so that you can slow the water down going to your sump so that some of it will go to your fuge.

dmjordan

i'll try glueing them tonight. i have the pvc primer and cement. gues tomorrow it's off to the hardware store to get another ball valve. didn't think about the placement of the one.
trial and error i guess.

sly

Yea, I found it out the hard way too. I assumed that plenty of water would spill through the tee and so I put a valve on that end of the pipe also. It turned out that very little water goes through the side of the tee and the place you need a valve is AFTER it. oh well...