Question about drilled tank/overflow

spinybox

Ive been poking around here for a while and finally decided to register! Great info on this site. Hopefully you guys can help me out.
I purchased a drilled 110 gallon tank recently, but it only has one hole drilled in it. Now im not sure of the bulkhead size(dont have it handy) but I know 2" pvc fits in it snugly. Now my problem is this: Do I need to drill another hole for the return..or is there a way to accomplish both through one hole? I do not want to have anything running outside of the tank, so the return over the back of the tank is out of the question. Hope you can help!
Little bit of info about my current setups:
125 gallon freshwater tank containing 1 convict, 2 yellow labs, 1 african cichlid(forgot name), 1 pleco, 2 tiger barbs, and 1 flounder.
55 gallon saltwater tank with spiny boxfish, camel cowfish, gobie and one yellow tailed damsel. Dont worry, these fish are still extremely small, but will soon be in their new home(the 110..if I dont find a reasonable 150 by then)

sign guy

if it is an aga its temed and your only opt would be to come from the back of the stand and drill the side right at the bottom of the tank. then just go up in the tank

spinybox

I got it from a fish store going out of business. It was one of their display tanks. I dont think I have any way to get ahold of him anymore.

clown boy

I've never heard of a one-holed drilled tank. Doesn't it need a place for the water to go in and a place for the water to go out? :notsure:

spinybox

Yeah, Im not sure why it only has one hole to be honest. He did have about 30 of these though, so maybe it was setup to pump to multiple tanks and that would be easier to go over the back than the bottom. Who knows. There is a slight chip around the circle, so I believe he drilled all of the tanks himself. I will give it a shot and see what happens.

spinybox

Originally Posted by sign guy
take a pic and post it make sure you get a good thot of the trim
The trim doesnt have a tempered sticker like my 55 or 125 does. Trust me I looked:)