Question about Duncan placement

salt0727

We have a duncan frag and recently we bought better t5 lighting and for some reason I think the ends of the tentacles might have some discoloration. The hubby says it doesnt but im not sure. Some of the ends have a slight yellow tint. We have it in the bottom because we had it higher up with more flow but it rarely opened. Should we move it?

mrdc

I see most duncans placed at a low to medium height. I have mine about mid way up in the tank it appears to be doing well. I have a slight flow going across it and I feed it regularly.

J

jstdv8

I have mine mid way up the tank as well, it gets pretty good flow up there and it is huuuuge!, I've only had it for about 2 months and it allready has two baby heads forming (on the side i can see) and it started at about the size of a quarter heads when opened, now they are probbaly 4" accross each head. I feed them krill when I'm bored. most of the time the cleaner shrimp comes and steals it though.

jrod4u

I have had my duncan pretty much placed right on sand substrate and also have metal halides. In the past 6 months, I started with 4 heads, and am now up to 15. The duncan receives low flow and I feed it once a week. Sometimes ya just never know how some corals will react and thrive in different setups. My duncan is happy as a clam.

J

jstdv8

mine was popping heads like crazy when i was feeding it, went from two to 7 in under a month, I stopped feeding it and still have the same 7 I think.
Darn cleaner shrimp makes it tough becuase he goes and steals the food from the duncan if i don't fill him up first.

gill again68

I have some Duncans at the bottom of my 90. I am running 4 T-5s over a 24" deep tank. They are doing well at that light with a moderate flow. I recently bought another Duncan head and I have placed it at mid level. I didnt really feed my Duncan and the growth was slow. The other day I fed each head some scallop pieces. It has since sprouted so many little heads its crazy. If I were you I would watch more for someone picking on the coral. Try feeding it and see if it gets happier.